APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Issues with FCPX, mac dustbin and anecdotal resolution

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: Issues with FCPX, mac dustbin and anecdotal resolution
on Apr 17, 2014 at 2:12:12 am

Jeremy it was xto7 for the audio. Dogs breakfast. Clips that should have been enabled were disabled. Clips were not organised by roles into sensible tracks. Music tracks had to be refitted - wouldn't connect. X - Xto7 - FCP7 - OMF to Fairlight. Far too many steps.

Then X to Resolve and back to X for pictures via FCPXml. On the return X couldn't reconnect to the grade files without a fiddle to reconnect in the editors Resolve and make another xml. However the discussion of third parties is more to do with needing outside software to do the basics of audio export.

After two years it continues to be a cludge. And I was reacting to the topic of this thread that sometimes third party plugin software can have a detrimental effect on the primary NLE software. Tight integration with developers is needed but not particularly something Apple is known for.

If Resolve 11 is as good an edit/ finishing tool as it seems to be then I expect every editor to get their project into R11 first to deliver to me. I would be happy if R11 is the only step from every NLE into post finishing and no round trip returning. Lets see if they put OMF/AAF export in R11.It isn't rocket science.

Meanwhile I am talking to Fairlight about reading FCPXmls directly like they did with FCP7. Apple may think they can ignore industry standard interchange formats and develop yet another but it hardly makes me respect them and the years of grief.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]