APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Where is the "Stretch" feature in FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bret Williams
Re: Where is the "Stretch" feature in FCPX?
on Apr 2, 2014 at 5:48:20 pm

A stretch feature wouldn't make much sense, and while it could be included, it would lead to more user error and distorted videos than anything else.

The only time stretching a video to fill the frame doesn't introduce distortion is when it was shot or rendered anamorphic, or with a codec that doesn't shoot fill width like DVCProHD. The latter isn't called anamorphic though, because it's native to the codec and format and the edit system recognizes that a certain distortion (stretch if you will) should be applied behind the scenes. Anamorphic however, relies in a tag in the file or the user to tell the app it's anamorphic. So if you prepared some SD footage in some other app, you should have tagged it as anamorphic and X would have applied the distortion automatically. But you can apply it in the inspector as I mentioned before after the fact.

If you want a stretch feature, just scale the X or Y independently in the inspector. Once it fills the frame, copy that setting and paste the attributes to all like clips in the sequence.

I don't know anything about all the compressor and QT stuff you guys were discussing. Doesn't seem like any need to go to compressor or QT 7. I have weened myself off QT7. Not even installed anymore.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]