APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Where is the "Stretch" feature in FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mansur Oscar
Re: Where is the "Stretch" feature in FCPX?
on Apr 2, 2014 at 10:43:22 am

Dear Andreas Kiel,
Some of your words I could not understand, like NLE, and the plain Vanilla fcpx? I like Vanilla Ice-Cream.
Okay I will answer you the Compressor question,
First of all the video is dirty and need to be cleaned; I was used Compressor with MPEG-4 (MP4) H.264 high@L4.0 Profile (1920x1080) at 4000kbps CABAC, well clicked on Batch, and I can say it's takes at least 5-8 Hours! the video source is about 3GB and it's 01:30:00, a Surf's Up Movie. I have tried many other Profiles such AppleProRes, MOV, or MOV at H.264, ...etc, where same for taking hours. I have changed the settings too in the Advanced tap in Preferences.
And the more unknown the Quality is Fine but it adds "Max 768Bitrate" so where did that come from the MP4 Profile? it does do for all videos? (sorry I have asked that in the other section but I didn't get answer! http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/335/67550 picture included). I used QT7 also, you've did that too!
And remember, (using Compressor is not allowed in the thread) only FCPX :)

And when I use FCPX, and share the Movie to (Master file Default) it render's it so fast, just takes nearly one hour. and it's a MP4 file, but problem is the 40 pixels! and sending to Compressor takes more than 5 hours.
Bret Williams had answered part of my question... I guess he is gone.
But Please Andreas, Don't Skip me for Compressor, the Compressor have the way to stretch, I have other videos that they have wrong aspect ratio & sizes.
Your exactly question: (So why not using using a Compressor droplet to make your clips "edit friendly".) well, we may have more than videos, So I should Always convert (Compressor) the videos then Again put them to FCPX doing the work?! This will Eat the Time totally!, How would be Nice to just put them to FCPX and stretch it and TADA, just three simple steps to begin!

Now on FCPX, I'm not joking for the Stretch feature to under special conform, "Fit and Fill"??! what do you mean by this? Could you tell me what is called that to fill the missing 40 pixels? and the cartoon video 4:3 to 16:9 (anamorphic)? isn't that called "Stretch"... if you tried Windows7 to change desktop picture, you would see selections of "Center, Title, Fill, Fit, Stretch" and even that is available in sony vegas. and yes the "Title" is nonsense for videos special conform :)

Anyway, Where is the hidden Stretch feature for FCPX?, Don't take me to other apps! :D I'm Happy and I'm waiting....

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]