APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Recommendations for software and hardware for Digital Humanities/New Media Lab

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andre van Berlo
Re: Recommendations for software and hardware for Digital Humanities/New Media Lab
on Mar 13, 2014 at 11:06:18 am

I agree with craig here that dslr's are not necessarily the best place to start. When it comes to using a green screen i get better results from my panasonic HD-HS60 than from my panasonic GH3(I use a painted wall).

Should you go with a dslr, then m43's system and in particular gh3 and soon gh4 are unbeatable in their price range. In fact, there is a lot of good stuff made on the GH2 and GH1 too and they can be picked up on ebay.

Problem with DSLR's is that each camera will need a lens and that adds up quickly. When it comes to syncing sound I get pretty good results just from syncing sound with software like fcpx. I think adobe has plural eyes or something like that? But you can always use mic input on the camera itself.

Another point: Usually dedicated video cameras have in camera stabilisation(at least the consumer cams), that can be very handy sometimes. Unless you're always shooting on a tripod dslr footage can be quite shaky. There are rigs for that of course but rigs cost money too :-)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]