APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Recommendations for software and hardware for Digital Humanities/New Media Lab

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Seeman
Re: Recommendations for software and hardware for Digital Humanities/New Media Lab
on Mar 12, 2014 at 10:40:42 pm
Last Edited By Craig Seeman on Mar 12, 2014 at 10:41:38 pm

[Lizzie Finnegan] "We also need to get a few simple video cameras and audio recorders---probably DSLRs that can work with external audio, and Zoom recorders and mics, but I don't know which models to recommend for beginning students."

Maybe my own bias but I'm not sure DSLR video is "beginner" unless they're up on things like depth of field and willing to learn about syncing sound. I assuming you'd be sticking with just the kit lenses unless you have a budget and inclination to go in that direction. Of course maybe these students have photography classes.

I think maybe Canon XA10 or Panasonic HMC40 would be better entry level professional video cameras.
Otherwise if you really want DSLR type cameras you could go with Panasonic GH3 (actually mirrorless micro 4/3) since they seem to be more "video friendly" than Canon or Nikon (Just my humble opinion). The Zoom H1 might OK for your purposes if you're not looking for a recorder with XLR inputs.

[Lizzie Finnegan] "is there anything to replace Flash for doing interactive web-installed animation? Our students won't be learning to code, or at least not well enough to write the programs themselves, but we would like them to be able to do some of those interactive digital poetics projects of the kind you could do with Flash if there are any possibilities. "

HTML5. Not as flexible as Flash as of yet. That would be Adobe Edge Animate. I'm not sure how much easier that is than Flash though.
http://html.adobe.com/edge/animate/

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]