APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: AVID Down But Not Out...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gustavo Bermudas
Re: AVID Down But Not Out...
on Mar 6, 2014 at 8:37:16 pm
Last Edited By Gustavo Bermudas on Mar 6, 2014 at 8:40:26 pm

Avid is in a very interesting but fragile place right now, because in a way they remain competitive by not changing too much in a landscape of NLE chaos, with companies priding themselves in being "disruptive" (I guess they think it sounds cool) at their customer's expense.

On one hand Avid has a talent pool of users which are loyal and stayed with Avid for a long time, and it's reassuring to see Avid stayed loyal to them as well, can't say the same thing for Apple. And I think it's great they want to listen to costumers, but they also seem incredibly slow at implementing those changes.
I attended a meeting once right when FCPX was announced, announcing MC6, and the commitment to users and adding functionality without removing features, they even talked about 4K, and so far most upgrade versions are hardly justifiable.
Hopefully things have changed at Avid, but charging for events like this in a way it tells me they're still in the 90's

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]