APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: AVID Down But Not Out...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott Witthaus
Re: AVID Down But Not Out...
on Mar 5, 2014 at 2:04:40 pm

Sorry Mark/Todd

The ACA IS an Avid customer group. The board was invited by Avid. This is purely an Avid sponsored initiative (I believe it came from the highest parts of Avid management).

Avid chose the executive board of the ACA (vast majority broadcast suits) and then is asking for Avid users to join to "gather ideas for the future of the industry". So, they want you to pay them to tell them what to do so you can buy more product from them. If that feels right to you, I got some ocean-front in Arizona for sale.

Avid has its Community Forums to draw on. Avid had an "influencers group" I was part of that had web conferences on new software, features and such. There are beta programs. There are plenty of ways for Avid to get information right now. Another layer and another "class" of customer will not make it more efficient.

Avid Connect is another story. If you want to pony up $300 to listen and see Avid Everywhere, more power to you. That's an outside function versus an inside organization.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]