APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: OT: Edit Software of Oscar Nominees

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott Witthaus
Re: OT: Edit Software of Oscar Nominees
on Mar 4, 2014 at 10:51:27 am

[Neil Sadwelkar] "In that larger universe, Avid is a sort of a minority, niche platform."

Yup. The fact Avid cuts features and reality TV (among broadcast) means nothing to most people. Avid has not been able to communicate who they are (even Hernandez admits that) and WHY new editors should choose Avid. The fact that Honey Boo-Boo was cut on an Avid means nothing to that "why" (that's a fact that would move me to use another platform immediately!).

Look at Avid Everywhere. Aimed solely at big broadcast, and Louis Hernandez stated that AE is Avid's vision and centerpiece going forward. MC and PT will be "key parts" of the Avid Everywhere solution. Loss-leader is a correct term. The company will never make money selling one-off MC seats to freelancers like me or small shops. They need big-iron to big clients. MC is a way to sell that big iron. And honestly I think Avid is making the correct moves, albeit very late, with Avid Everywhere.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]