APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: what are you hearing these days?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Kenny
Re: what are you hearing these days?
on Feb 26, 2014 at 8:33:59 am

[Pam Picard] "Curious what others might be hearing in the marketplace."

As a post house providing dailies/color/deliverables, we get to see what a lot of different projects — mostly indie features — are using.

It's still almost all Avid and FCP 7. We've seen a couple of short-form projects use Premiere, but no features, nobody even really asking us about it. No features cut in FCP X yet either, although I believe we might have one on the calendar, and people ask us about it every now and then.

For projects edited internally FCP X is now our app of choice. Media Composer and FCP 7 feel archaic. Premiere feels clunky, and the CC licensing model makes it pricey enough that we don't have it on most systems. We've also started using FCP X for prepping deliverables (combining rendered reels out of Resolve with audio to output master files to lay back to tape, etc.). It has some features that make it great for this (e.g. audio roles), it's fast, and I can just set up one output after the next and hit export thanks to its background exporting.

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]