APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: The most disturbing thing....

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Walsh
Re: The most disturbing thing....
on Jun 27, 2011 at 6:00:11 pm

Thanks for posting. Despite the sardonic tone, the author seems to have tried to make the new event structure work, and seems pretty familiar with similar Apple libraries (Aperture, etc.).

To break a basic organizational metaphor, the bin, that existed before video, let alone NLE's, seems unnecessarily cruel. More keywords are better, sometimes, but bins work wonderfully, and not just for editors.

This would drive me crazy...I don't mind learning a new paradigm or software. I mean, I'm going to have to learn new software now that FCS is EOL. Apple is forcing me to pick which new software to learn. FCPX, with its stated limitations and uncertain future release timeline. Adobe, with the payoff of transparent AE integration and speed. Or Avid, which I used and loved years ago. And yes, Apple is forcing me, because sooner or later FC 7 will cease to work for me, maybe it will be Lion or a hardware update, or a new client, but something will come down the line that it can't do, that I need to do. I don't see why they had to scuttle the ship.

Chris Walsh

http://www.musicfog.com
Silver Spring, MD
Final Cut & AVID MC5
Former Windows User and edit* lover

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]