APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: The Plan for Now

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Keith Koby
Re: The Plan for Now
on Feb 20, 2014 at 2:39:58 am

[Tim Wilson] "There are multiple well-supported professional applications from people like Telestream and Harmonic Rhozet that work directly inside Premiere. ProRes is an export option like any other. No hacks, no freeware, no workarounds."

I wasn't aware of this on the windows side... I was under the impression that both episode (on windows) and rhozet (windows only) required windows server (and multiple servers in the case of rhozet) to enable ProRes. A lone windows 7 64 box would be out of luck.

Hopefully you are right and they changed that licensing, but it was a real mess trying to encode to prores from a windoze box.

On the other hand, Vantage/Tachyon ProRes files created on a lightspeed windows server 2008 r2 are very nice. We think the quality is better than ProRes from episode engine, especially when frame conversions are made. I highly recommend the vantage workflow control and video quality generated (with a few exceptions) for anyone who can afford, and needs that much processing.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]