APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: The Plan for Now

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Franz Bieberkopf
Re: The Plan for Now
on Feb 20, 2014 at 1:16:40 am

[Herb Sevush] "FCP7 is getting more cantankerous by the minute ... helping push me to another NLE by June, when we start cutting our next season."

Herb,

What strikes me about this forum (including the hardware discussions) is how Apple (and others) are still competing against Apple technology from 2009-2010.

[Herb Sevush] FCPX is often tempting, ... I'll happily wait a few years and see what develops.
CC PPro looks to be the winner of the NLE contest, and I say that with no joy considering my loathing for the whole subscription idea.

Agreed on both counts. And disappointed that Lightworks seems to have missed a window.

[Herb Sevush] I still think for ease of transition, and ease in my bank account, I will stay with OSX for now. But when the time comes to actually buy a new box, Windows gets consideration again.

Consider setting up a windows boot partition or drive on your tower - if you're in CC, you can install both Mac and Windows versions, and bounce between them; it may prove to be a worthwhile experiment that sets in you in a better place to judge hardware and OS down the road. I currently have such an experiment running …

Thanks for the update post, and please do post on your multi-cam assessment.

Also, I think the word "bated" comes to us from falconry …

Franz.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]