APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: The Plan for Now

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Mathis
Re: The Plan for Now
on Feb 19, 2014 at 9:22:14 pm

[Richard Herd] "Don't omit Speed Grade! WOW!!"

I have never used Speed Grade before as I really like Resolve which is really nice.

I am thinking of going back to Premiere Pro as it seems a better tool than FCP X at the moment. For some reason in X there are areas where there are more extra steps to go through than is really necessary, just my opinion.

I also like to save several versions of a project, this way if something gets corrupted there is always another version available.

Not sure if it is me but FCP loves to create all kinds of render files which can quickly eat up drive space if you are not careful. Not a real issue with Premiere Pro as far as my experience has been.

I also love the "Dynamic Link" feature that Adobe has. I also like the fact you can import an AE project into Premiere, make any necessary changes and everything will update like it should, for the most part. At present there is no way of directly importing a Motion project in FCP X, why I will never know. There is no fast way of getting a FCP X timeline into Motion as well. Very disappointing to say the least.

I will say the color correction tools in X are nice for simple to intermediate stuff. Anything that is more involved or can be done better there is Resolve ready for action.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]