APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: The Plan for Now

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Wilson
Re: The Plan for Now
on Feb 19, 2014 at 9:07:53 pm

[Herb Sevush] "I know there are freeware solutions to encode ProRes in Widows, but I'm not interested in a workaround...."

There are multiple well-supported professional applications from people like Telestream and Harmonic Rhozet that work directly inside Premiere. ProRes is an export option like any other. No hacks, no freeware, no workarounds.

Not to say that you don't need to pay attention in setup, but in fact Telestream Episode Engine, Vantage, and FlipFactory will all get 'er done - professional, fully supported, painless and fast.

I'm emphasizing fast, because you'll need to trade off price vs. speed...but you really need to see to believe. It's one of the places where faster processing on Windows really pays off...."pay" being relative of course.

Not that that changes anything else, including general comfort level, your budget, etc. but all else being equal, ProRes shouldn't be a go-no go question for platform because you WISELY don't want to trust a key workflow component to freeware.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]