APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is FCP X part of your five year business plan?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John Davidson
Re: Is FCP X part of your five year business plan?
on Feb 15, 2014 at 10:34:21 pm

[TImothy Auld] " Is FCP X part of your five year business plan?"

Yes. So is CC. And Maya. And Logic Pro X. And Office 365 with email hosting. 4k monitors. And macs. Lots of macs. Plus, Thunderbolt RAIDs, IP over Thunderbolt, multiple RAIDs broken down between clients so that servers don't get bogged down with several people working on the same RAID, etc. More talented people are also part of the plan. The number one thing on the list is exploring new avenues of creative and challenging myself and the team to never settle for passable work.

What's not in the plan 5 years down the road? Pro Tools. Avid. PCI anything. Thunderbolt displays and monitors that aren't 4k or Retina. RAID cards. Spinning drives. Tape.

Sheesh - in 5 years FCPX will be phenomenal. I'm not saying it's perfect now, not by any means, but there's enough good stuff about it now that keeps me mostly pleased with it's progress. I think most of it's issues right now are related to 10.9.1 being a bit buggy. Very hopeful that 10.9.2 will drop this week and right the boat a bit. FCPX 10.1.2 should also help out some, but I have no idea when that will come out.

Personally I think Apple is very focused on this industry. More so now than any time in the last 5 years I'd say.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]