APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is FCP X part of your five year business plan?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Dobson
Re: Is FCP X part of your five year business plan?
on Feb 15, 2014 at 6:25:49 am

[TImothy Auld] "My question is not only will they make a product that meets my needs five years hence but are they committed to doing so. And Apple has been - for the last three years - quite mute on that subject."

I don't see all of the substantial software updates in 10.0 or the recent 10.1 update as evidence of Apple being mute on the subject. Whilst they keep their cards close to their chest in terms of future development they have really demonstrated commitment to FCPX.

I'm looking to be using FCPX for the next 5 years as part of my my business plan which on the technical side also includes upgrading to the new mac pro and getting new screens. To be honest I wouldn't like to have to learn yet another NLE. The few times I've gone back into FCP7 have been pretty difficult as I try and skim clips or hit W or E to add clips to the timeline. In fact if Apple discontinued FCPX I'd find someone else to edit for us.

5 years isn't really that long a period in terms of product development and at the moment everything is sliding towards 4K. And FCPX is well equipped to deal with that right now.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]