APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X destroys my audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: FCP X destroys my audio
on Feb 13, 2014 at 2:41:59 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "does this have anything to do with being on the advisory board of the Avid Customer Association? "

LOL. Actually it's the other way around. There's a lot in X that I'd like to see Avid embrace.

The truth of the matter is that since the intro of X, I've approached every job weighing whether to cut it in 7, X, PPro or MC. Most of the time I've gone with X. The same is true of this project.

Unfortunately, every time I feel like problems with X have settled down, I hit some sort of roadblock that boils down to problems, performance, etc. This is one of those. There is absolutely no reason this distortion should be occurring. The fact that it does, points to some sort of engineering defect in either FCP X or AV Foundations. I'm sure Apple will figure it out, but it doesn't give me warm and fuzzies about doing more "road testing" when clients are involved.

On top of that - and even in spite of all the 3rd party utilities - X still doesn't check off the "plays well with others" box. ;-)

None of this means I'll stop using X - just that I will have to be more careful and less trusting in the future. The bad news is that the options aren't great. I don't like projects sitting with a subscription-based product and Avid needs to modernize. So, like someone else here said the other day, we are left with choices of "stodgy, subscription or WTF".

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]