APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X destroys my audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: FCP X destroys my audio
on Feb 13, 2014 at 1:21:57 am

[Howard Duy Vu] "but FCPX is more than capable of handling complex projects."

Sure. I've been cutting with it since 10.0, including large commercial campaigns and even a feature film. It's quite capable, but nearly everyone of these jobs required a certain level of workarounds. I often get the feeling of 3 steps forward, 2 steps back.

[Howard Duy Vu] "This audio bug I agree should be fixed, but it's actually the only major audio bug I've come across and it's fairly easy to work around. "

You've been lucky. In addition, it loses render links. Not as bad as before, but still there. XML round trips don't support compound clips. XML roundtrip with Resolve and RED files come back to X at the wrong size. In the past, there were numerous render corruption issues (fixed by 10.0.9). Occasionally it still overruns the undo stack, which means it didn't save anything after the stack stopped. The project I'm on crashes about twice a day. Consistent RAM leaks, requiring app relaunching to speed up the app.

[Howard Duy Vu] " Also, there's really no reason to use Color since Davinci Resolve is out there and is way faster and more stable"

I'm quite familiar with Resolve and it's a very powerful grading tool. But, I still feel Color is faster when you are doing a feature film grade that doesn't need an exotic level of grading. Especially considering that most of these projects (that come to me) were originally edited in FCP 7. I find the results in Resolve to be a bit too harsh at times. I prefer the look of Color or Baselight.

[Howard Duy Vu] "Actually, FCP7 was very glitchy when dealing with audio with different sample rates."

I don't disagree. I never mixed sample rates in FCP 7 if I could avoid it. But I also never got the sort of digital junk I have run across in X's audio. Chalk it up to AV Foundations, I guess.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]