APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X destroys my audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: FCP X destroys my audio
on Feb 12, 2014 at 7:43:12 pm

[Simon Ubsdell] "Are all the music cues WAVs as well?"

Nope. Music came as MP3. I converted to 24/48 AIFFs in QT before bringing into FCP X.

FWIW - this project was originally started in FCP 7. I synced the WAVs with two cameras for interviews there, because I needed to give the client a review copy with burn-ins. When time came to edit, I XML'ed the selects sequence to X. I could not get the WAV audio to come up right in X. So I re-imported the WAVs fresh into X and re-synced the audio for the interviews. Since I've never had this problem before in X, it's possible that something was munged under-the-hood thanks to the XML. That doesn't make things better, but it is an additional variable.

(rant on) Going on 3 years (almost) and Apple still can't deliver a product that successfully replaces FCP 7 for complex work, I'm sorry to say. Not to mention that the timeline with all the freaking connected clips for audio and video is a complete embarrassment!!!!!!!!!!! (rant off)

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]