APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: 4K might become a reality quicker than we think

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Wilson
Re: 4K might become a reality quicker than we think
on Feb 11, 2014 at 7:48:02 pm
Last Edited By Tim Wilson on Feb 11, 2014 at 8:05:51 pm

[Richard Herd] "Nobody really likes to talk about this anymore, but it was a big deal when Red started claiming their camera was 4K (and it isn't).

But here you go: http://library.creativecow.net/galt_john/John_Galt_2K_4K_Truth_About_Pixels....."

They may not talk about it much, but they read about it. It was one of our most-read articles last year, three years after it was first published.

He was certainly right to point out they hype behind claiming a camera was 4K it wasn't, but it's worth noting that Sony uses the phrase "True 4K" to describe the new F65, which they claim is the first camera to do what Galt says should be done, which is to have at least one photosite per pixel.

Sony has a fascinating PDF to talk about it. It was hard to miss that they used the same image that I did to show the "marketing pixels" illustration of Bayered processing -- not shocking, since it's from Wikimedia Commons -- but I'd like to think that their use of the image, PLUS their emphasis on "True 4K" in the F65 suggests that they read my article at some point. :-)

In any case, very interesting reading.

Tim Wilson
Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]