APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: 4K might become a reality quicker than we think

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Darren Roark
Re: 4K might become a reality quicker than we think
on Feb 10, 2014 at 11:56:25 pm

[Tim Wilson] "People will wear glasses for the right content. Over 80% of the audience for Gravity saw it in 3D. More than Avatar.

The larger problem is that the overwhelming majority of 3D movies bite. I'm a HUGE enthusiast, and other than the Hobbit, I can't remember the last 3D movie I saw and liked."

Oh I could not agree more! I love 3D, I even love watching it at home but I am in the minority. "Gravity" is my 'told you so' to all the friends of mine who vocally dislike 3D. I shoot and make shorts in 3D.

Using my wife as an example, wearing polarized glasses would put a cramp her style while she watches TV and multitasks with her iPad. This is how I see most people watch things at home nowadays.

This now totally OT. I could go on about when 3D is done right by people who care, it's amazing, just a PITA for most in the home. Also, the Russians are really pioneering post conversion software. What they are doing is starting to look better than shooting it stereo, which usually has to be converted anyway.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]