APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: 4K might become a reality quicker than we think

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Lawrence
Re: 4K might become a reality quicker than we think
on Feb 10, 2014 at 2:23:15 am

[Gary Huff] "The worse thing you can do is go to a Fry's where they have the 4K demo display smack dab in the middle of all their newest 1080p panels. It's really hard to spot the difference, except all the 4K demo material is at 30p and not 24, so the motion cadence difference between the two gives a slight clarity edge, which is b.s. since 1080 works the same way."

Agreed. On the other hand, my local Best Buy has some new 4K panels from Samsung and Sony and the demos are pretty amazing.

The Samsung panel is UHD and their demo material is shot with HDR imaging. While the colors are unnatural, the detail is staggering. On the expansive, wide, city shots, you can read street signs and see pedestrians and cars. The closer you get, the more you see. It's pretty mind blowing.

The Sony demo has more natural, realistic color. Again very nice detail.

Of course, with most normal material at normal viewing distances a lot of this detail is moot. I agree that better frame rates and color gamut would be a more valuable upgrade right now. But 4K is cool! I look forward to getting my hands on it more often.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl
vimeo.com/dlawrence/albums

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]