APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: So is FCPX earth shattering, or should I just move on to Adobe?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Lillian Young
Re: So is FCPX earth shattering, or should I just move on to Adobe?
on Feb 9, 2014 at 3:43:28 pm

My Mac Pro is from early 2008, and I am doing my first FCP X 10.0.9 project from an external drive. That said, I feel that it's extremely slow.

I have worked off of the same system from the same external drives on FCP 7 and haven't experienced such lags. And I know I'm supposed to work locally, but my drives are full, so...

I wanted to convince my boss to switch to FCP X, and after watching several courses (not YouTube vids, but full 2+ hour tutorials)I was very prepared to until I discovered that you can't do basic things like select an in and out point without a workaround. I'm putting up with it, but I cannot expect a team of editors to do that.

Also, for the latest version, you must upgrade you OS? Who does that in a pro environment with tons of third party apps/plugins, etc. that aren't guaranteed to work with a new OS yet? So I feel that a carrot (or Apple, hehe) is being waved in my face -- being a better FCP X that I cannot have.

The one thing that's keeping me interested in FCP X personally are the plugins. There are a ton, and you can preview before applying them.

But I unfortunately will have to start learning Premiere or Avid.If plugins don't matter to you, then I would look toward other editing software.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]