APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: 4K might become a reality quicker than we think

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Dobson
Re: 4K might become a reality quicker than we think
on Feb 9, 2014 at 7:45:20 am

I think a lot of people will whet their appetite for a fairly painless introduction to 4k with the recently announced Sony FDR-AX100 which is a compact handheld style camcorder with an anticipated under $2K price tag. I'm certainly tempted to buy one as a B camera to accompany my C300 out on shoots.

It comes with ND Filters as well as manual controls for white balance, gain and shutter speed and unlike other 4K options at this price point comes with a servo controlled zoom range 29mm-348mm.

[John Davidson] "We did our first source 4k RED RAW multi camera project on FCPX last month - delivery was 1080i HDCam. I really thought it was going to be a pain the the butt to work with all the footage but we edited in proxy and it was surprisingly painless. We even did coloring in X. The flexibility of working a 1080i project with 4k footage, allowing for crops and zooms without resolution loss was pretty awesome. It was edited on a 2011 iMac."

As John points out the ability to crop and zoom and maintain resolution could be very useful. I am able to get away with a 15 to 20% zoom / crop movement with the shots I get from the C300 this is useful for putting a touch of movement on locked off shots.

But as to 4k delivery . . . . . . . . . .

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]