APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: So is FCPX earth shattering, or should I just move on to Adobe?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Erik Lindahl
Re: So is FCPX earth shattering, or should I just move on to Adobe?
on Feb 8, 2014 at 4:48:03 pm

I've used AE since version 3.1, I think, and started testing PrPro as an FCP 7 replacement at, I think, CS 5 or 5.5. Even the latest CC-release had me quit un-impressed. Dynamic Link is virtually useless for us in general and the times I have stared an edit to later move to AE for final composite / effects work, well most of not all sketched effects aren't transferred. PrPro is extensively buggy / renders out poor results with every project I've thrown at it the last few years.

I guess I was expecting AE inside of PrPro and / or complete transparency between the apps which isn't the case. File management is also horrible with dynamic link since we often require the use of Mocha for tracking and masking work. On top of that, renders via dynamic link are way slower than a proper AE render to file since you're stuck with ONE thread for the task. Also it's not uncommon we want to break down a spot and send various elements to multiple compositors. Again, dynamic link to AE doesn't do us any good what so ever.

I've had extensive talks about this with a Swedish Adobe-rep and all in all the hooks between the apps aren't there for my so called advanced workflows.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]