APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: So is FCPX earth shattering, or should I just move on to Adobe?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Mathis
Re: So is FCPX earth shattering, or should I just move on to Adobe?
on Feb 8, 2014 at 6:00:10 am

Alright, so X is not perfect. Neither is any other NLE on the market. We are human. No matter how much your NLE of choice is improved it will never be "perfect", that is how I see it.

I will say in many aspects X has made much progress. Yes, it would be nice to have a "Send To Motion" command but it does not. I would not consider it a complaint but rather an area where Apple can make an improvement.

The same goes for the color bar. It is certainly, at least some degree, more intuitive then the color wheel. The lack of individual sliders should also be addressed. Then again no NLE is going to have the best set of tools for color correction. I rely on Resolve for that task and color grading as needed. This is not to say the tools are bad in Final Cut Pro X, they need some improvement.

One thing to remember is that even though an NLE may lack in certain areas it makes up for it in others. Perhaps we demand to much out of our NLE of choice, not paying attention to its strong points, how it makes our workflow easier. I find that trying to working with it rather than against it makes me a more efficient editor.

That is my opinion and those are my thoughts. I think it really comes down to which tool is most appropriate.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]