APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: 8 core or 12 core?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dennis Radeke
Re: 8 core or 12 core?
on Feb 7, 2014 at 2:52:08 am

[Oliver Peters] "There are tons of plug-ins that really choke PPro regardless of the GPU."

This is because they do not utilize the GPU by and large and therefore go through the CPU. In the future, I hope to see many more plug-in companies utilize the new ability to tap into the GPU through Premiere Pro and accelerate them.

[Oliver Peters] "Premiere really doesn't make as much use of it as you think."

Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it. The approach is about balance. I said this back in 2010 when CS5 was out via a blog post, but I'm not going to go digging for it! ;-)

CPU's decode video and create playback. GPUs are used for FX including basic transforms such as scale (picture-in-picture), position, rotation, etc. Any Premiere Pro effect or transition that is hardware acclerated makes a big difference in total performance. This includes big things like almost all color correctors including Speedgrade LUTs. If you are doing work with very little effects work, then you're absolutely right.

Dennis

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]