APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: And the lightbulb goes on...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Simon Ubsdell
Re: And the lightbulb goes on...
on Feb 5, 2014 at 6:51:58 pm

[Walter Soyka] "It's a nuance, but the traditional timeline doesn't relate the two clips to each other."

I would argue that it does - in a sense. It relates them to each other by virtue of them coinciding in time and the timeline being non-magnetic they will stay where they are all things being equal.

The FCP X timeline removes that "connection" by insisting on a singular point of connection with the primary - which over-rides all other implicit "connections" such as the one I am describing.

Time is a very powerful "connection device" in the context of a traditional NLE that isn't there in X.

I would also suggest that the fact that X's connections are always singular (only to the primary) imposes significant limits on its ability to encode my intentions. That was the point I was trying to make.

(As always just arguing cos it's interesting, not to be critical of X. It's all snakes and ladders - I don't think X or any other NLE offers you only ladders with no snakes.)

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]