APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: And the lightbulb goes on...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Simon Ubsdell
Re: And the lightbulb goes on...
on Feb 5, 2014 at 6:31:06 pm

"[Walter Soyka] "The software does exactly what you tell it. Primary, secondary, connection -- to whatever extent you consider the role of the clip when you cut it in, and choose how you cut it in accordingly, some intent is captured in a way that cannot be true with traditional timelines.""

Thinking about this some more - and this is going to start to sound like one of those conversations we used to have two years ago with David L. - I can encode intentions in a conventional NLE that FCP X is unable to encode.

My example of syncing up a sound effect with music at a particular point in time is an example of an intentional "connection" that can only be encoded in FCP X in the context of connecting to the primary storyline.

It absolutely refuses to encode my actual intention if the two clips are both connected.

Conversely in a traditional timeline those kinds of "connections" are being encoded for the simple reason that the "connection point" is time - and not another clip.

It's a shame to have lost that ability in return for a much more limited tracking of my intentions.

Not that I'm complaining - it's just a trade-off that you either embrace or you don't.

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]