APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: And the lightbulb goes on...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Simon Ubsdell
Re: And the lightbulb goes on...
on Feb 5, 2014 at 6:05:52 pm
Last Edited By Simon Ubsdell on Feb 5, 2014 at 6:14:59 pm

[Walter Soyka] "As usual, I doubt we disagree much.

The software does exactly what you tell it. Primary, secondary, connection -- to whatever extent you consider the role of the clip when you cut it in, and choose how you cut it in accordingly, some intent is captured in a way that cannot be true with traditional timelines."

Indeed, I wasn't really disagreeing - just riffing a bit on your theme.

My point was actually that the software doesn't necessarily do exactly what you tell it.

If I add a connected clip at a certain point in time I don't necessarily want to establish a relationship with the primary storyline, but rather I might well want to be creating a relationship with other connected clips that are congregating in that region.

For example, if I've got a connected music track and I want to add a connected sound effect to coincide with a particular musical moment, I'm not choosing to create a relationship with the primary storyline, but rather with the music.

I only mention it because I often run into that sort of situation ...

The ability to connect to something other than the primary storyline at will would of course change that completely. But it's not there at the moment.

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]