APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: And the lightbulb goes on...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Charlie Austin
Re: And the lightbulb goes on...
on Feb 4, 2014 at 11:47:26 pm

[Joseph Owens] "assigning arbitrary hierarchies (roles?) that the foreground editor at the user interface neither cared for, nor worried about."

Well, FWIW, assigning Roles is the job of the editor, and they are, to me, way more helpful than tracks... except visually for now. You can also quite easily put clips where you want them in the timeline. Methods for more finely manipulating the visual layout in the timeline need some work though.

[Joseph Owens] "You really only have to unpack an X project in Resolve, which tries to unstack all the decisions that are laying latent to realize just how pell-mell the behind-the-scenes structure is being constructed."

In my experience, video clips stack just the same in X as they do in anything else. And you really only need to open an audio sequence exported using x2Pro to see how nicely Roles can split out and organize clips for a tracked NLE.

[Joseph Owens] "but then again they are building these products for people who are notoriously persistent in their deliberate ignore-ance of accompanying literature."

Really? Interesting.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]