APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: And the lightbulb goes on...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: And the lightbulb goes on...
on Feb 4, 2014 at 2:17:37 am

[Andrew Kimery] " If there are people running X in large shared storage, multi-editor environments please let me know 'cause I would love to see how they do things."

Can we walk this back a step?

FCPX, dare I say, is more like FCP7 than ever when it comes to structure. Sure, you have to use your imagination and pretend Libraries are FCP7 Projects, Events are FCP7 Bins, and Projects are FCP7 Sequences.

Yes, there are other considerations to think about in media management (FCPX Optimized and Proxy files being in the Library and nowhere else at the moment), but even with those limitations, there are some really easy media management options in FCPX for a shared environment, and it stems from being Library based.

FCPXML has come forward a bit. It can cause a bit of Event duplication, but if you use intermediate Libraries, you can avoid a lot of it.

So, while it's not perfect, I am wondering at least from a sharing standpoint, what is so different about FCPX and FCP7? I would think that if you can generate FCPXMLs, or can send a Library to someone on the same network, it is very similar to how FCP7 would work in that each editor is an island unto themselves.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]