APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: And the lightbulb goes on...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Darren Roark
Re: And the lightbulb goes on...
on Feb 4, 2014 at 12:54:20 am

[Chris Conlee] "This sort of mirrors my experience in the Los Angeles market. I think it would take a real fan with real power to bring it on a network show, as the general consensus seems to be: FCP X is for consumers, and therefore isn't even part of the conversation anymore. I know editors who've bought it to edit their daughter's wedding videos with, but it never enters their conscience that it could be used for more than that, because they're so accustomed to using Avid at work.
"

It is like deja vu all over again. Discrete Edit, Fast, Media 100 (which was great in it's day) were all phased out by FCP by the time version 4 came out. It was only four years old by then, and FCP X is only two and a half years old now. It wasn't really until 2005 where I was working 50/50 Avid/FCP jobs while an assistant. FCP took time to mature and become trustworthy and as for how far FCP X has come in two and a half years it's a good sign.

Whoever said on this thread "Once you realize how much harder you are working it gets old quick" hit the nail on the head. When I am forced to work on other systems, all the steps necessary to even begin editing are really tiresome. In the fifteen years working with different NLEs, I just like FCP X better.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]