APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: And the lightbulb goes on...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Wilson
Re: And the lightbulb goes on...
on Feb 3, 2014 at 5:56:33 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "[Andrew Kimery] "Who said it did? I think it's weird that people are so fixated on that specific number like I threw down a gauntlet or something."

Relax. It's just a reference point in this thread."

I get Andrew's point though. He put out an ACTUAL number, based on his ACTUAL work. I think maybe some people heard it as a ridiculous, rhetorical number because it's too big to sound anything but condescending. LOL

Which of course, it isn't. There are tools that are optimized to work with projects like that, others that aren't. Andrew was doing what Herb rightly observed is essential for conversations like this, being specific about workflow. And, for that matter, work.

[tony west] "This is all old news : ) People have posted their favorite tools since the forum started.
"

The fun of debating for its own sake notwithstanding, the reason that the forum is still going so strong is that people are coming to X for the first time every day. Or maybe they tried it earlier, found it a poor fit for whatever reason, but as X evolves and a new job comes along where it fits just right -- well, that's when the lightbulb goes on.

In that sense, there's no such thing as old news. The software, the projects, the people trying to manage them -- all of them are in constant motion. They won't always align...but when they do, well, that's when the lightbulb goes on.

That's why threads like this are among my favorites. They point to this fundamental truth about the plasticity of experience.

On the flip side, some aspects of this can never be in motion, like the size of Andrew's projects. By definition, each will be bigger than the last -- but Andrew is still open to hearing that X is NOW up to a task that, in the beginning, was universally agreed it was NOT.

If that's the case. Maybe it's not.

So, X is changing, projects are changing, people are changing, which means that every conversation ever had in this forum will happen again...will NEED to happen again....because the more things change, the more they change.

Unless they don't, because they can't.

Yr pal,
Timmy

Tim Wilson
Vice President, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]