APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: And the lightbulb goes on...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Darren Roark
Re: And the lightbulb goes on...
on Feb 1, 2014 at 10:09:54 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "As an example, one of the show's I'm talking about is a multi-editor setup (8-10 editors and a couple of AE's) sharing media on an ISIS, using a traditional offline/online workflow (finishing is done out of house) and each project contains about 30,000-35,000 pieces of media. No, I'm not exaggerating."

The new library structure introduced in 10.1 just over a month ago makes that type of collaboration possible. You can make a library that points to that many files. A doc I am working on has over six thousand mixed format files and I am able to pass a library over dropbox to the other editor with no problems. 10.0.9 and older FCP X would slow down if the event had more than two thousand clips. Since bringing the doc over from FCP7, I've been able to find clips much faster after tagging everything. The more tagging I do as I go, the easier it is to find what I'm looking for.

I'm going to make a massive library that points to 30K+ clips and see how well it performs.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]