APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

And the lightbulb goes on...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Quintus Lubbe
And the lightbulb goes on...
on Jan 31, 2014 at 7:49:08 am

So, having edited on FCP Legacy for the last 8 years, I finally decided to take the plunge into FCP X about 2 weeks ago and cut a behind the scenes for an upcoming feature.

After hitting a few bumps along the way (which were solved by amazing help from Creative Cow members) because I was still trying to edit with a Legacy mentality, I had the FCP X epiphany that everyone speaks about and I've now realised that FCP X is by far a superior NLE to the current competition.

The edit tools are fantastic and the speed with which I can edit is remarkable compared to Premiere or Legacy.

Other editors in my facility are still on FCP 7 and I can clearly see how 10.1 makes a major difference to my own editing speed.

I am by no means an expert in FCP 10 yet, but a quick word to those still fearing the FCP 10 world. Don't wet your feet. You have to take the plunge completely and when you do you won't be disappointed.

The magnetic timeline is not something to work against, let it work for you, it saves a huge amount of time not having to constantly lasso select and drag your timeline around to close gaps.

The skimmer which I hated at first is absolutely fantastic and really adds a lot of speed to making selects and cutting in the timeline, not to mention the range selection tool. Love that.

I could go on. But see for yourself. FCP 10 will become the standard I'm sure of it.

And this is only the first major update. Remember the days of FCP 3?

P.S. I do not work for Apple. I do support their products.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]