APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: The Basics of X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jack Zahran
Re: The Basics of X
on Jan 29, 2014 at 5:01:21 am

I'm not a professional editor by far, I mostly support some post production clients on Avid MC and FCP 7 and X.

But, if you look at how editors would organize their tracks on legacy systems, you'll see that FCP X use of Roles and Auditions should help you to manage your effects and alternative clips efficiently and consistently. The magnetic timeline is more about avoiding unnecessary steps, where the program maintains the proper relationships between clips, so you don't have to and you can just keep editing. It basically is computerizing what was previously a lot of manual work and memorizaition on the timeline. So if you use it effectively and take advantage of the metadata capabilities you should find it a more modern editor. But, it took Apple a few revisions to complete the essential features that most editors were looking for. I now feel comfortable recommending it as a full replacement for FCP 7 or MC.

Add Motion into the workflow, and there are some really amazing things you can do as was demonstrated recently in these forums. Recommend you view the thread on doing your own manual keying using Motion. Really got me excited and demonstrated how powerful the products can be when you leverage their newer features.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]