APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: OT-ish: Sooooo....how's business?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob Zelin
Re: OT-ish: Sooooo....how's business?
on Jan 27, 2014 at 2:37:57 pm

Interesting post for the FCP-X The Debate forum ! Talk about OT.

My answer - very busy January, but I do not have a great long term outlook for 2014 - no promise of "big jobs coming up". The business continues to change - the complete demise of "the facility" and the complete integration of production and post production into the production company, or ad agency itself. Translation - the client is buying their own stuff, and doing it in house. Cheaper than ever, and easier to find "kids" to do it - more than ever before.

The reality that great equipment is cheaper than ever is upon us, and those that feel that their "great talent" will separate them from "the pack" is only going to apply to hi end clients, that can appreciate that value. Just my opinion. One thing for sure (except for the elite feature market) - today, you have to know EVERYTHING to be able to have value to a company. The days of "Im just an editor, I don't do - audio - graphics - encoding - streaming - delivery - etc." are over.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]