APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX cutting a hundred million dollar feature right this minute.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Clint Wardlow
Re: FCPX cutting a hundred million dollar feature right this minute.
on Jan 23, 2014 at 4:51:58 pm

[Gary Huff] "And some people enjoyed the Lone Ranger. Not everything can be a great movie, but there is a problem with acting like this, or Transformers, or Battleship or whatever isn't any better than, say, The Devil of Blue Mountain. And that's not the case.

There are people who would lump Pacific Rim in with those as well, but, well, we have an example of someone who actually went out and purchased the Blu-ray of it because of how much they enjoyed it."

Hey, I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't folks that would be willing to pay cash for a Devil of Blue Mountain Blu-Ray. Something Weird video built its success on folks purchasing movies by guys like Hershal Gordon Lewis or Andy Milligan. Are those films any less technically inept?

I would say the only difference is that even the most bargain basement guys like Andy Milligan had to come up with $10,000 or more to make their sleazy little flicks (in 1960s dollars). Currently the entry fee to make a crapola movie is much less, so the market is glutted.

Also, and it may be a niche market, there are folks that would rather watch a video oddity like Devil of Blue Mountain than the next overblown Transformers flick. I am kind of in that crowd myself. Esthetically, I enjoy a movie like Troll 2 that wears its shortcoming on its sleeve much more than some polished hollywood-produced crap fest. But that's just me.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]