APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX cutting a hundred million dollar feature right this minute.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: FCPX cutting a hundred million dollar feature right this minute.
on Jan 23, 2014 at 12:54:37 am

[Marcus Hardy] "IMO new media is about what's possible rather than whats profitable. "

To me that's more art house than new media. I've worked on various new media projects (including 5 years at a pretty big website creating original web content) and profitable always factors into it when you are trying to make a living and/or run a business.

[Marcus Hardy] "Our little film is now leading the way for a film with 50,000 + budget."

My advice is never advertise what your actual budget was, tell people the 'real world budget' (what it would cost without favors, discounts and freebies). If someone likes what you did and you say "Thanks, doesn't it look great for only $50,000?" then they might ask you to do a project of similar scope for the same budget. D'oh. This happened to a buddy of mine years ago and since then whenever he talks about budgets he does it in real world numbers because he wants to get paid what he's worth (and what his cast and crew are worth).

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]