APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX cutting a hundred million dollar feature right this minute.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Marcus Hardy
Re: FCPX cutting a hundred million dollar feature right this minute.
on Jan 23, 2014 at 12:23:59 am

I'm not arguing the concepts bigger budget filmmaking. IMO new media is about what's possible rather than whats profitable.

I'm trying to illustrate that more than ever before, creatives have access to high quality equipment, (cameras, audio, post, etc) that makes it easier for talented (yet financially starved) filmmakers to make their films.

Yes its always been 'possible' to make indie films for little to no money, my point is now it is far more affordable, and accessible.

Most independent filmmakers I know, Calgary Alberta has a lot of us, work union jobs to earn a living, and then throw that money into making their films. Not purely for hobbyist means, but as a hope that it will exceed the expectations of a film made for X amount of dollars. And lead to bigger and greater things. I can attribute to this. Our little film is now leading the way for a film with 50,000 + budget. That's the mindset of us Calgary filmmakers, keep upping the ante.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]