APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: The Basics of X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andre van Berlo
Re: The Basics of X
on Jan 21, 2014 at 9:12:28 am

I'm sure there are horror stories about any DAW, NLE, or any piece of software out there. In some cases the horror stories find their origin in user error, in other cases it's the software.

Somehow I think if the NLE has the features you need it comes down to how the software connects with your mind and way of thinking. I've used premiere cs5, cs5,5 and have cs6. But since I started working on FCPX I've never touched premiere again, only for the warp stabilizer to fix my crappy holiday videos where i was too lame to carry a tripod.

FCPX does most things the way I expect them to work. At first I thought it would be hard to learn but most basic things work as they should(in my mind). But I'm not a pro editor, I didn't have 20+ years doing things in a certain way that I had to forget because X is so different.

Once FCPX xml to logic works also with complicated timeslines I'll be a very happy camper. By the way, I've got no experience with FCP6 or 7, nor do I have experience with premiere pro cc.

Like the others said, download the trial, and cut a few videos with it. Perhaps you'll be happily surprised. :-)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]