APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Hi, I'm bright, ambitious and young. As an editor, I feel I need to be able to operate FCPX. next steps?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig RussillRoy
Re: Hi, I'm bright, ambitious and young. As an editor, I feel I need to be able to operate FCPX. next steps?
on Jan 20, 2014 at 12:56:31 pm

hi hear ya,

we are in London and do technical corrections to over 150 spots a day, I would love to move to FCPX but here are the main issues

1 . No multi-audio assignment in SDI land, we do a shed load of 4 channel and 8 channel clips that need to be standard converted and FCP7 can do this no worries

2. Batch Export - I know you can load them up but when we are exporting 10 - 15 commercials at a time it can be lost within 1 second

3. SDI monitoring - we can have 1080i5994, 1080p2398 and SD PAL / NTSC in 1 project, having to exit and reselect is a ballache.

We do use FCPX for all our inhouse corp work and DSLR stuff, I personally love FCPX and where it is going but until those issues are available I am stuck with FCP7

FCP 7
FCPX 10
3 x 4TB Thunderbolt R4
VC100
6 x 2D teranes 2D
4 x BMD Express
3 x ioXT
MicroHub
Ultrascope
SmartView

Check out the free iBook broadcast delivery 101 on itunes

Posts IndexRead Thread