APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Other Forums

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Franz Bieberkopf
Re: Other Forums
on Jan 12, 2014 at 8:02:45 pm

[Walter Soyka] ""general interest" forums rarely foster the same passionate contributions we've seen here. Like Jeremy said, this forum started in the FCP Legend forum because of an event, and it was named for its content. Changing the name may not get the results you are seeking; the name was never the source of the value here."

Walter,

You're probably right in terms of "general interest", but I think that participation and breadth of subject matter has started to atrophy here - it's been more far ranging (and chaotic) in the past. At some point "FCP X or not" is not the draw it once may have been (and I'd argue that largely we're past that point - and I'll speculate that forum numbers would show this.)

On the other hand, the window that the debate opened (onto the larger landscape) is more relevant than ever - I think it demonstrated a real need for a dynamic forum to meet the churn of post production (and specifically editing).

It might be put more provocatively: The discussion needs to move to where the puck will be.

[Walter Soyka] "This is very Apple- and editorial-centric and thus ebbs and flows considerably with product announcements that affect Apple-using editors -- a description that hasn't really fit me for years."

The FCP X or Not heading will do little to encourage change in that sense, and much to retrench that idea.

[Walter Soyka] "I wonder if dual-naming would be viable: two forum links here that share content."

This is, typical of your contributions, a genius idea. I hope Tim will seriously consider it.

Franz.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]