APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Other Forums

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter Soyka
Re: Other Forums
on Jan 12, 2014 at 6:32:06 pm

[Franz Bieberkopf] "As I hold little hope the above will effect change, I'm wondering what forums people are finding the most dynamic currently (in terms of tech, workflow, theory.) In particular, I'd be interested in hearing where Chris H., Walter S., David L., Herb, and Aindreas are finding the most valued participations, links, and digressions."

On naming: very difficult question. I see your point about continuing to encourage new participation, but "general interest" forums rarely foster the same passionate contributions we've seen here. Like Jeremy said, this forum started in the FCP Legend forum because of an event, and it was named for its content. Changing the name may not get the results you are seeking; the name was never the source of the value here.

I wonder if dual-naming would be viable: two forum links here that share content. That'll keep the FCPX or Not thing going, while providing a new entry point for people with less product-specific interests.

This is very Apple- and editorial-centric and thus ebbs and flows considerably with product announcements that affect Apple-using editors -- a description that hasn't really fit me for years. I like Jeremy's idea of being the change we want to see. We could all be more proactive in expanding the conversation here to other areas. If it takes on a life of its own as the original debate did, maybe the naming question will become easier to answer.

On other resources: this forum is my virtual water cooler, and I haven't found another place quite like this one.

I'm on the flame-news list and follow Autodesk's Smoke forum, and while these occasionally have interesting diversions, they are almost always product specific, not general interest. I read CML to geek out on color science.

Twitter has some pretty vibrant discussions, too, but 140 characters is tough for thorough (read: long-winded) folks like me.

What specifically are you interested in discussing? Is it something we can make happen here?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]