APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: 2013 MacPro 6 core VS 2012 2.3 GHz i7 Macbook Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Keith Koby
Re: 2013 MacPro 6 core VS 2012 2.3 GHz i7 Macbook Pro
on Jan 11, 2014 at 12:10:05 am

Yeah. This is where I expect the results to get interesting. We need to see the 8 core d700 and the 2 GB vram iMac. But the performance is pretty good on the laptop.

Render vs export. I always preferred turning off background rendering and trying to work realtime as much as possible. This is what I tell my editors to attempt to do. I'm really excited to see how the d700 does. However, there are definitely times where third party plugins won't play back in realtime (some of the edge stuff for example) and you need to render it to see it.

For a bigger facility that turns out lots of material in fcpx, the time savings over a year or two makes the mac pro worth it. The retina mac book pro is a great choice for some based on that performance. The imac with the nvidia card is yet another great choice if you need Adobe performance as well.

I haven't got to test an imac on mavericks and 10.1, but from a GUI responsiveness standpoint, the 6 core mac pro we have was much, much better than the ML iMac. This was on a complex project. I can't wait to get an imac up to mavericks and 10.1 to see just how much of that is OS and software vs the hardware.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]