APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: 2014, New Year Resolute: FORUM NAME CHANGE

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Franz Bieberkopf
Re: 2014, New Year Resolute: FORUM NAME CHANGE
on Jan 8, 2014 at 11:42:28 pm
Last Edited By Franz Bieberkopf on Jan 8, 2014 at 11:44:02 pm

[Aindreas Gallagher] "The argument for a name change feels itunes or something."

Aindreas, don't get me started on iTunes.

[Aindreas Gallagher] "you could argue that this forum lately belongs as much to an internal dissection and discussion of X as anything else."

Recent posts on the 10.1 "restructuring" release and the Mac Pro have been interesting - I find the library vs. event question of particular interest (I think of it as another "symptom", but I was holding my tongue on that.)

[Aindreas Gallagher] "If you think this place is bad you should try the creative cloud debate forum [...] you've got to consider the inherent brand value."

I was going to do one of my archival digs, but I'll throw out this opinion unsupported instead: the range and dynamics of discussion has been better here (in this forum) in the past.

I think the forum is, and will be increasingly, "ghettoized" in terms of contributions. The "brand" of "FCPX or Not" will yield diminishing returns.

It may well be that the future of this forum is as an additional conversation for those using X - I'm just saying that I see (or saw) potential for something more.

The CC Debate forum is a corollary example - I keep it in view, but my own opinion on that subject (shared, I think, by those who contribute there) is that Adobe has utterly failed to engage with the issue (in clear violation of public statements), and the only factors that weigh on their decision-making will be revenue streams, sales targets, and maybe executive retirements. So there's not much to say until the waiting game plays out (as David Lawrence occasionally reminds us).

But those issues are part of the larger landscape of questions and answers facing editors and others in post - they're part of a larger conversation - and this forum has, at times, felt a bit more freely engaged with many, many such issues, occasionally in glorious pandemonium (such as can be achieved in type).

I think that conversation might already be lost here, except in fits and starts, but I do try for optimism.

[Aindreas Gallagher] "X feels easily the one most likely to deliver a genuine surprise."

The surprise factor ... I'm not sure that's a virtue (for editing software). But you never know.

Franz.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]