APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: For those making the switch to Thunderbolt for your PCIe needs.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Roth Weiss
Re: For those making the switch to Thunderbolt for your PCIe needs.
on Dec 23, 2013 at 10:16:55 pm

[Steve Connor] "I'm sure there are quite a few people here that would like to hear about these potential problems before they drop $$$$ on a new MacPro!"

Hi Steve,

Completely understandable, and a full discussion of the "potential limitations" (prefer not to call them potential problems) is in the works. That will come as soon we unify our company position.

However, so as not to keep you or anyone else completely in the dark, the single most important element of any discussion of the New Mac Pro and 4K/5K workflows is to look at the fine print on the Apple website, which essentially states that ALL of Apple's testing of 4K workflows has been accomplished using ONLY ProRes 422 and ProRes 4444 files.

This fact has certainly escaped many people I speak with on a daily basis, but may or may not be a complete surprise to many here, especially as most here seem to be well aware that the new Mavericks OS lays the groundwork for transcoding of ALL files to just two choices in the future, i.e. Pro Res and h.264. And, while Pro Res and Pro Res 4444 may suffice for many if not most editors, it certainly does not suffice for ALL, especially those considered as "finishing editors," who must be prepared to deliver whatever file formats their clients require.

There are several other potential 4K/5K limitations to discuss, but you'll have to wait a bit longer. Okay?

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com

Sales | Integration | Support

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]