APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: The right Mac Pro for FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Alan
Re: The right Mac Pro for FCPX
on Dec 23, 2013 at 6:23:28 pm

[KrickeT Ro] "This computer will not be changed for another 10-15 years (I'm not kidding). I want to make sure that if we do get a computer it will take us at least 10 years before we notice any problems."

There is no such animal. 5 years is pushing it for pro apps.

The mid-2007 iMac is the oldest Mac that will run Mavericks. FCP X 10.1 will not run on any OS other than Mavericks. We're a few years away from mid-2017. I would think you could get away with 5 years. If you are really expanding your use of video maybe there is a way you could make some money to keep the upgrades coming. Also don't forget to figure in the cost of external storage. I assume your church does weddings. I assume you or someone shoots the videos in order for you to have footage to edit. Do a couple of weddings a year over the next five years and bingo you can upgrade when needed.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]