APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: An Open Letter Apology - FCP X Fourm

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

daniel leeb
Re: An Open Letter Apology - FCP X Fourm
on Jun 26, 2011 at 6:30:46 pm

I think quite frankly the only open letter apology needs to come from Steve Jobs.

This makes the Newton or Mobile Me failures look like raving successes.

Apple screwed up here, and i think we all are in the right to blow off steam.

grieving....hmm... i don't think so, Apple cannot dig in their heels on this one, we are not the consumer market who need to be told how to live our digital lifestyle, we are the creative professionals that invested in Apple to give them the market share they now dominate. Steve Jobs needs to pivot and apologize for FCP X which is nothing more than imovie on steroids. He and his team cannot dictate a watered down creative process after we have all developed a process that works and does not need overhaul.

-64 bit processing-great

-revolutionary organizational methodology-great (as long as we can still import old projects and use our bins)

-no external monitor support...retarded, (clearly imovie programmers and development team were taking the lead on this)

Also editors don't need a pretty interface, we need a no BS efficient one that facilitates our creative process, to make a new one and dictate how we do our job is simply not respecting the work we do.

basically Apple is going to need to rewrite a new GUI that emmulates what already works for all of us in FCP7, if steve wants he can call it the "old way GUI" i don't give a damn.

This needs to happen, and we all deserve an apology from apple, we are not consumers, we are the creative professionals that apple "had" built its business on and we deserve to be treated as such.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]